Today I will be talking about the one Robotime miniature kit called ‘Cathy’s Flower house’. Simply because it’s one of the three kits from Robotime that I got for my birthday (what a surpriiiise it was, I was so happy !)
In a previous article, I was talking about all the different kinds of dollhouse kits that I found on Amazon and others.
Ok, let’s go!
Product name: Robotime Miniature Kit DIY DG104-Cathy’s Flower House.
Owners: Robotime, a little more info:
Robotime was founded in 2007 and specializes in educational toys for children and adults. They were the first to offer worldwide puzzles in 3D Assemblage Technologie and have more than 400 DIY Wooden model puzzle pieces.
This allows children to assemble their own music boxes and dollhouses, alone or with a parent. To make it even more fun, Robotime also has DIY wooden model kits with LED light and music. Children ànd adults will have hours of fun with these great DIY kits!
I will dive deeper into the 3D puzzles in a later article, once myself or a family member has assembled it 🙂
Overall rank: see below
Warranty: 30-day refund or replacement
Unique Robotime miniature kit to make a miniature greenhouse.
Look out gardeners, put that trowel down, because it’s time to make your own miniature greenhouse, complete with LED lighting.
This do-it-yourself miniature room model will keep you busy for hours while you cut, fold, glue, and transform the supplied pieces into wonderful souvenirs. This is a great project for a grandparent to complete with a child or the perfect gift for people who love crafting.
Not suitable for children, unless accompanied by adults.
– Wood, paper, cloth, and metal parts
– Illustrated manual
– Glue and 1 tweezer
– 2 batteries
Already painted. A total of 231 pieces. Average time to build: 20 hours.
Measurements : – 195mm high x 175mm wide x 175mm deep .
TIp: If you run out of glue or the glue isn’t included in the kit, then you can buy the exact same one on AliExpress so I’ve been told.
TIP 2: In my experience, I have found that using a ‘Fingertip Crafting knife‘ from the brand Fiskars, is a very handy tool indeed!
The Good & the Bad :
- Very decent material, although made in China haha
- You love to assemble miniatures, but you don’t want to saw them yourself or don’t have the right material or space to do so. Like the craft saw: material to use for crafting or craft table saw: another material to use for crafting.
- very colorful and a lot of fantasy came into this kit
- You don’t need anything else to start out, there are 2 different types of glue included + a brush + tweezers. You would just need some (fine) scissors and a ruler.
- Most of it is very easy to do, you might get into some trouble with the plants, but I read on Facebook that I am not the only one struggling with them 🙂
- A missing piece! Not something crucial, cause there are so many pieces in this kit, but still..
- sometimes the colors of the same piece of furniture are slightly different.
- the instruction manual could be more detailed and less confusing
- the pieces that should be together in 1 bag, so you could find them easier to put 1 piece of furniture together, are divided between several bags, thus it takes a long time to find all pieces. I am a fan of puzzles, so I don’t mind, but I’ve seen reviews of people giving the kit 1 star only because of this. I think that is a bit exaggerated honestly! But that’s just my opinion 🙂
I will walk you through a few things I have encountered, including pictures to show you what I mean!
Picture number 1 :
The door wasn’t made of ‘transparent paper’ as it said in the manual, but transparent plastic. I could live with that, but it was the first thing I had to make, so that started out confusing.
Picture numbers 2 and 3.
I had to cut these 2 pieces into 3 pieces each. Turned out I have to paint over 2 edges because of this. Luckily I still have brown acrylic paint, so not a big deal honestly.
Picture numbers 4 and 5.
You need to unfold the red rope, cut it, and then make a flower out of it. Well, this was irritating to do, so I just used some of my own (red)crêpe-paper and that was so much easier!
Look at the difference, the red one on the right is made with my own paper! I have no clue why they would make it that hard, just add another piece of the paper that’s red, like the yellow piece of paper!
Picture number 6, look at the text, happened in my kit as well.
Picture number 7 (these pictures look different cause taken with another and better camera ;-).
As you can see, the ‘floor’ was bent, which made it hard to glue all the side-pieces together. Wich brings us to picture number 8 as a result: I had to cut off a piece because the greenhouse wasn’t fitting at all to the floor anymore.
Picture number 8.
I needed to put them away in a box so that my cats couldn’t get to them 🙂
BUT in the end, it was surely worth the hassle, look at the pictures of the progress and the small video I made off the result on Youtube, isn’t it pretty!?
You can find a lot of videos from Robotimes miniature kits on YouTube and pictures on Facebook. You could contact them through Facebook or email in case of problems.
I am getting a lot of questions on how to contact them: this is their official émail support: Jack.firstname.lastname@example.org. (people seem to be getting the most help for missing pieces etc through this mail ).
Dustcovers, very handy if you want to make several kits!
My Final Opinion of Robotime Miniature Kit Cathy’s Flower House
Cathy’s flower house is overall a very nice dollhouse miniature kit. It has decent quality and hours and hours of fun. A few mistakes here and there, but nothing I can’t overcome.
Any questions? Then leave a comment here or you can now join my newest Facebook group or Youtube channel.
I wish you happy crafting!