In due time I would like to make and collect a lot of miniature dollhouse kits and review them for you so that we can share our thoughts on each one!
Product Name: Miniature dollhouse kit called ‘Sam’s Study’
Warranty: 30-day refund or replacement
Product Overview :
Robotime DIY Miniature Dollhouse Kits: DG102-Sam’s Study with LED light, Tools, and instructions in English.
Included are many miniatures, photos, and frames, bookshelves and books (lots and lots of those !), chairs, ladder, etc. Including all necessary tools (see content). The English instructions show you how the construct the miniature kit step by step. Expected time to assemble: 20 hours. For anyone who likes crafting, dollhouses, miniatures, AND books.
– wood, paper, metal, cloth: 500 pieces
– English manual
– 2 kinds of glue. Tip: I have been told that, if you run out of glue, or the glue is missing, that you can buy the exact same one on AliExpress.
– the pieces are already painted
– 2 battery’s, led lights
– measurements : 18,5 x 22,5 x 19 cm
– weight: 954 gr
– scale: 1/24
– Average time to build: 20 hours (depends on the individual)
The Good And The Bad :
– Very challenging but rewarding! (no real struggles though )
– if you love reading books, this can be so pretty next to your real books, just like this :
– pretty design
– good quality
– besides small scissors and a ruler, you really don’t need any other materials than the ones provided by the kit
– non-toxic (keep away from kids under three years old though, as those very small parts can be easily swallowed !)
– NO MISSING PIECES (YEAY!), not like in the other kit I made a review from Cathy’s Flowerhouse.
– It could be too challenging for some people (there are lots and lots of books there !)
– the instruction manual could be less confusing and more detailed (that’s a common thing about Robotime, so it seems)
– I had a very hard time fitting all the books together on the shelves, so that was a bit irritating, but in the end, I did it 🙂
– putting together the red chair was a challenge, but managed it also. Some people leave it out, cause they can’t seem to make it. Do you think you could? Tell me please when you have done it or not 😉
– I have read reviews where people said that the base and the building do not fit together well, cause the base isn’t measured correctly. Mine fits well, but maybe yours could be an issue?
In general, I just loved this kit, 5 stars would be perfect, but that is a score that I have never given any miniature kit, so I’m giving this one an ‘almost perfect’ 4 and a half stars.
Robotime Support :
As mentioned in my other review of a Robotime miniature kit, there are lots of videos on Youtube that you could watch for instructions or join Facebook groups!
You can always contact me on my social media pages, whenever you like and I will try to figure it out for you (if I remember how I made something haha). Here’s my Facebook Page. Or if you prefer: my Facebook group. Join me there and chat with me as much as you like!
Lots of people ask me where to contact Robotime by email, well I found it on Facebook, here it is!
My Final Opinion of Robotime’s ‘Sam’s Study’ :
This would be a perfect gift for that friend who is a book nerd or of course yourself, to have hours and hours off crafting fun. I haven’t encountered any severe issues with this dollhouse kit at all. Apart from maybe that there’s little variation in this one, it’s all about books, books and you know what else? : books. 🙂
Did you know that there are even covers off little books that represent real-life books? Books that I personally read even, that’s amazing!
Did you encounter any problems though with this or do you have any other questions about this review or other miniature dollhouse kits? Feel free to ask in a comment below or email me: email@example.com
I would also appreciate a share on your social media or join me on my facebook group, thank you very much!
I wish you happy crafting!