As I have said before in this previous article of mine: click here, it is definitely handy to have a mini craft table saw aka a mini circular saw, to be able to craft dollhouses and miniatures, especially for furniture.
I own the ‘Proxxon 37070 FET Table Saw’ now, but I compared it for you with the cheaper Proxxon circular saw: the ‘Proxxon 37006 KS 115 Bench Circular Saw’, just to let you know which one I prefer and which one you could try, depending on what you are going to craft or need it for.
Of course, there are other brands of mini craft table saws, but I will talk about those in another article soon.
Product number 1: Proxxon 37070
Stars: ⭐⭐⭐⭐ (4/5)
Product name: Proxxon 37070 FET Table Saw
The best place to buy: AliExpress
Price: $369 (minus shipping-prices may vary depending on the seller on AliExpress)
Table FET saw with set-screw for fine adjustment. Height adjustable tungsten-tipped saw blade, tilting through 45°, adjustable longitude fence, and graduated miter gauge (0-90°). Manual.
Ball-bearing saw blade shaft. Tungsten tipped saw blade 80 x 1.6 x 10mm (24 T).
Additional work piece pusher and non-slotted ABS sawing gap cover.
– 230V. 7,000rpm. Miter infinitely adjustable up to 45°. Cutting depth 1 – 22mm. Saw blades between 50 – 85mm can be used (with a 10mm center hole).
Size and weight : 6 kg (13,23 pounds) , 35 x 24 x 37.5 cm
Warranty: you will need to contact the seller to ask about the warranty, but it is usually 2 years (with ‘normal’ use, meaning use the machine how it’s supposed to be used).
– lot’s more possibilities with this one, also even when you need to fix something around the house or when you craft other things than dollhouses or miniatures!
– heavier, that should mean more stable
– very easy to use
– For cutting wood, non-ferrous metals, plastics, Plexiglas, glass fiber reinforced sheets, foam, and many other materials.
– Rather expensive
– One small design fault is in the extract connection. Although it is 35 mm in diameter to fit a standard vacuum hose, the actual aperture inside is only about 8 by 22 mm, which needlessly limits the extract
The mini craft table saw arrived in good condition and all parts present. Before I used the smaller version, but it was time for something stronger.
This one rips through like the proverbial hot knife through butter!
In my opinion, it’s a powerful beast… And despite what some reviewers say, I find the fence is very stable, giving absolute even cuts throughout the length.
The Proxxon FET is a well-made and accurate saw which exceeds my expectations. Adjustments are easy and precise and the cut is clean and free from splinters.
It comes with two plastic blade plates-a wider-slot saw plate and a blank plate. Presumably, if you want a narrow-slot plate for fine wood, you have to lower the saw blade, fit the blank plate, and with the saw running, slowly lift the blade. It will cut through the plate to create the narrow slot you want.
I especially like the micro-adjustment on the end of the ruler guides. The guides are marked in mm and inches. The inches are divided into 1/8″, which in my case, is VERY handy.
If you’re into small woodwork, I recommend it.
Product number 2: Proxxon 37006 KS
Product name: Proxxon 37006 KS 115 Bench Circular Saw
The Cheapest place to buy: AliExpress
Price : $124,84 ( minus shipping )
Content: sturdy work table made from die-cast aluminum, adjustable longitude fence and graduated miter gauge (0-90°),
2-9/32 inch (58 millimeters) saw blade
Technical data :
Maximum power : 85 watts, Speed 5,000rpm, Cutting Capacity: Wood : 5/16″ (8mm), Plastic & Circuit Boards: 1/8″ (3mm), non-ferrous metals: 1/16″ (1.5mm).
Size and weight : 6.1 x 21.6 x 3.9 inches, 1,8 kg (4 pounds)
Warranty : Quote: ‘ Limited Warranty of Proxxon Power Tools for home use. Prox-Tech, Inc. warrants to the original purchaser only that all Proxxon consumer power tools will be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of two years from the date of purchase ‘
Support: free AliExpress tech support included
– it is much cheaper than the Proxxon 37070 FET Table Saw
– a lot lighter as well
– should be able to cut 1/8 aluminum and copper and 1:16 brass sheet, balsa wood and thin wood
– works good enough for basic dollhouses and miniatures, but:
– not enough power
– doesn’t seem to cut through polycarbonate sheets, tubing, PVC, barely cuts through 1/8 basswood etc. So far I think it’s only suitable for thin wood if you ask me! (only up to 1/4″)
– the blade doesn’t tilt/ not adjustable up and down
This little machine was perfect for when I first started out about 10 years ago, learning the ropes. I used it for about 6 years, but I sometimes got frustrated that some things I couldn’t cut or work more precisely.
It is perfectly suitable (I think because it is not my niche), to work with model building railways, or for example wooden ships. Or if you never do the heaviest work yourself and only work with miniature kits and such.
It’s a small saw for light work and does a beautiful job within that framework.
I think that I really gave you all the pros and cons of both mini craft table saws from Proxxon, so it is really up to you to decide if you think the higher priced saw is going to be worth buying it. I hope this article has been helping you to make that decision!
Do you have any questions about these reviews, just ask in the comments below! Or join me on my newest Facebook group is also a possibility!
I wish you happy crafting!