There are so many different DIY dollhouse kits on the market, that it looks like I can keep writing about them. Today, however, we will take a look at all of the farmhouse dollhouse kits out there and see what they are all about.
But First: Why Would You Buy And Assemble A Farmhouse Dollhouse (kit)?
Good question haha and I will do my best to answer it.
The first things that come to mind are:
- They are usually larger than other kits like the ones from Robotime, so there is a lot more and longer fun to be had with them before they are finished.
- With a lot of them, your kids can actually play with them, instead of just admiring them, if sturdy enough.
- These usually don’t have dollhouse furniture included, so you can decorate the interior to your own preferences.
Instead of having to “hack” the interior, which is something that not everybody likes to do.
Beware though, that dollhouse furniture for 1:24 scale dollhouse kits can be somewhat harder to find!
A Quick Oversight On The Best Farmhouse Dollhouse Kits
Sometimes, you just need a quick view of what interests you, before digging too deep. Here’s where this short oversight comes to the rescue.
This blog post contains affiliate links from Amazon and Etsy, with no extra charges for you.
Stars On 5
Where To Buy/price.
Victoria farmhouse dollhouse kit
Vermont farmhouse jr dollhouse kit
Greenleaf Fairfield Dollhouse Kit
Beacon Hill Dollhouse Kit by Greenleaf
Mini Modern Two-Level Farmhouse
Greenleaf Glencroft Dollhouse Kit
Flower Town Dollhouse kit
Farmhouse Dollhouse kits: 7 reviews.
Before purchasing a more expensive dollhouse kit, I would definitely check out people’s reviews first, so here we go with more into depth reviews and information on each kit, with its pros and cons.
These reviews are a combination of my own experiences and other people’s opinions on several platforms like Facebook groups.
1. Victoria farmhouse dollhouse kit
This dollhouse kit is definitely one of my personal favorites, as its style resembles most of what I consider to be a “farmhouse”.
It looks straightforward, without too many “this and thats” or fragile ornaments. You can just imàgine the animals wondering around this farmhouse 😉
When finished, this dollhouse has side-opening access, movable room dividers, raised panel shutters, and door and stairs.
– 1:12 scale
– sizes: 34 1/2″W x 25″D x 33″H
– and up to 8 large rooms
– a very large dollhouse kit assuring lots of hours
– the scale of 1:12 makes it easier to find dollhouse
– made from sturdy MDF wood
– pre-cut engineered and laser-cut parts to easily assemble
– has detailed step-by-step instructions
– paint, glue, curtains, and any landscaping or furnishings are not included
– this house is not expandable
Hours to Make
About 20 hours
Are you missing the instructions for this house? You can download them here!
2. Vermont farmhouse jr dollhouse kit
This dollhouse kit from the same brand as the first one is a little bit smaller than the latter but still has a nice “farmhouse” design.
It has a beautiful front porch and has gable dormer on the roof, which provides you with extra space to store dollhouse furniture in.
This kit contains railings, a front door, hardwood flooring, raised panel shutters, molded railings, porch posts, flower boxes, a staircase, and wooden shingles for the roof.
– Dimensions: 24 1/4″W x 17 5/8″D x 29 3/8″H
with up to 7 rooms
– made from sturdy Milled MDF
– it has options for expansion and additional dividers
– this kit is one of the bestsellers for the brand
– step by step easy instructions
– very good quality
– Paint, glue, curtains, and any landscaping or furnishings are not included.
Hours to Make
about 16 hours
If you can’t find a PDF instruction, you can download it here.
3. Greenleaf Fairfield Dollhouse Kit
I love Greenleaf! I had one years ago, but sold it because of lack of room back then, but I wish I hadn’t now 🙁
Anyway, the Greenleaf Fairfield kit looks amazing and elegant.
You might not think that this looks like a “farmhouse”, and I could agree on the one hand, but on the other hand when googling “farmhouse dollhouse”, this kit always does show up.
What’s your opinion when you see the picture below?
1: 24 scale, so smaller than the first 2 kits
– has a total of 6 rooms and 2 large hallways
– Has 2 build-in fireplaces
– solid plywood is used
– shingles are included in the kit
– beautiful design
– the instructions aren’t all too great and assembling
it is not easy
– This dollhouse kit does not come with paint,
furnishings, or other decorations
– Finished houses are not recommended for
Hours to Make
as it seems that you need to sand a lot of pieces
before assembling this kit, I would assume that it takes
about 35 hours minimum to make.
4. Beacon Hill Dollhouse Kit by Greenleaf
A second pretty farmhouse dollhouse by Greenleaf is called Beacon Hill.
The design is “dignified and grand”, with a sophisticated exterior and a curved mansard roof, and it has become the flagship of the Greenleaf company.
– assembled dimensions: 32″ W x 17″ D x 40″ H
– with seven rooms and two hallways
– a very detailed kit, it even includes a little window in the cellar!
– dollhouse shingles and siding Included
– lighter than MDF models, but sturdy
– this kit does not come with paint, furnishings, or other decorations
– not suitable for children to play with
– you need to be careful to not splinter the wood when
punching out the pieces
– you need to sand most of the pieces, which can be
Hours to Make
about 40 hours minimum
5. Mini Modern Two-Level Farmhouse
How about a farmhouse dollhouse that you don’t see often?
This is a small and handmade farmhouse that looks quite modern and is available as a dollhouse kit but also assembled and finished.
Jessica Cloe Minis
– 1:12, I would assume
– Exterior Dimensions: 17” Wide x 24.25” Tall x 12” Deep
– Made with sturdy materials
– very straightforward to assemble
– high quality and attention to detail
– perfect for someone looking for a modern farmhouse
– This house is rather small versus the asking price
– no paint or miniature decoration included
– not enough reviews yet to really give it 5 stars already
Hours to Make
6. Greenleaf Glencroft Dollhouse Kit
In my opinion, the design of this farmhouse dollhouse is amazing.
Although you need to paint and decorate it yourself to make it look like in the picture below, the basic is very original. It has some issues though, as you can see further on.
By the way, this looks like it is in Tudor style!
– 25″ W x 18″ D x 24″ H
– Beautiful design, I love it
– has perfect value for money
– not for beginners
– unfinished wood, you need to create and buy
all decoration yourself, shingles as well
– too small to play with for kids
– several pieces are extremely difficult to punch out
Hours to Make
about 20 hours minimum
7. Flower Town Dollhouse kit
This cute little farmhouse dollhouse is an exception to this list, regarding the inclusion of all the pieces needed to build everything in the picture, little perfume bottles and mini furniture included.
Which the others haven’t, so no need to find and get other stuff!
1: 24 scale
– Includes a music box
– quality, quarter inch thick, MDF particle board
– the pictures are pretty self-explanatory
– this is a beautiful house, in my opinion
– manual not in English
– no crafting materials included
Hours to Make
about 22 hours
My Final Conclusion
I hope that you are well informed on these 7 farmhouse dollhouse kits and if you have any more questions, please feel free to ask them down below in the comment section or join my social media channels or large Facebook group.
I wish you happy crafting!
My name is Lizzy, and I am an amateur miniaturist obsessed with everything in the dollhouse and miniature world, ever since I was a teenager.
I love to write as well about all things happening in the miniature world, hence the reason why I created this blog!
I wish you happy reading and crafting!