Well, the summer season is almost over, and after the fairy gardens, it is time to think about decorating your dollhouse for the néxt season and come up with some DIY craft ideas for Halloween, no?
Besides Christmas and Valentine’s, Halloween is one of my favorite seasons to craft miniatures, people come up with the most amazing and creative projects I have ever seen!
Haunted houses, witches and wizards, poisonous potions, and magic books; anything is possible during this time of the year and I love it!
So, it was time for me to dive into this topic again with 11 miniature craft ideas for Halloween, let’s start with number 1!
1. How To Create A Miniature Witch Hat
You can easily create your own little Miniature witch hat, you only need scissors, crafting glue, and a thin black paper carton.
- cut out a circle from the black paper and cut it in half
- fold this in half into a cone and glue the ends of the cone together with crafting glue. Clamp it with a clothespeg until it’s dry and sticks well
- cut out a bigger circle from the black paper, place the little cone that you just made on this circle, and draw a line around the cone on the bigger circle.
- Make a hole in the middle of the circle with the scissors and cut out little triangles towards the circle that you have drawn with the cone.
- Then you can glue the cone easily to the circle below.
Of course, you can use other materials to make a little witches hat, like in the example below, which is made from metal, resin, and fabric.
This is made by LittleSnowDropShop
2. How To Create A Halloween pumpkin.
To make miniature pumpkins, you need orange Fimoclay and a crafting knife.
- roll a ball with the orange clay
- draw enough straight lines from the top to the bottom with a crafting knife or sculpting tools
- create a little stalk with green clay and attach it on top
- you can add some vines, made with polymer clay as well, or just use flower tape as I did. I made these in the picture below for my backyard shed.
Some people really create fantastic little miniature pumpkins like this seller on Etsy called Miniatureneccesities.
3. How To Create Bloody Halloween Knives
With the help of the Youtube video below, you can create little miniature knives from clay, and then just paint red dots and stains on them to make them look like they just stabbed something 🙂
The “bloody” miniature knives below are created by BeautyFSJack
4. How To Create A Halloween Broom?
This is quite easy to create as well.
Just get a small twig, like this one:
Use a cutter or crafting knife to get a good size and use some sandpaper to file the broom.
Cut out a bunch of pieces of rope and attach them to the twig, just like I did with my miniature broom in my backyard shed.
3LittleBirdsStudioCo on Etsy also sells mini witches brooms 🙂
5. How To Create little Halloween Botles?
To make DIY miniature Halloween bottles, I would gladly refer you to the video below, because the little bottles created here are magnificent, have a look!
Amazing little Halloween miniature bottles are made by several crafters like these below created by Mooncraftminiatures.
6. How To Make A Small Spider?
In my small backyard shed, which is currently not available for new pictures (covered against a cheeky cat lol), I have added a few little spiders and a cobweb.
It has been a while since I made these, but I remember using a metal wire to create the cobweb and covering it with silver acryl paint spray.
So sorry for the bad picture, but you can see a better video here.
Then the little spiders were made from metal wire as well, just covered with black acryl paint and the “head” was a bead.
That being said, the next tutorial video on creating cute little spiders looks sooo much better haha, enjoy!
7. How To Create Little Scary Candles?
What you need to create miniature candles is polymer clay in a transparent “color” and other colors, orange in this case.
- Roll up the clay to a ball and then to a cylinder shape. Cut it in half and roll it again to a thinner cylinder shape.
- Create a long string from another ball of clay and cut off a piece.
- Repeat the process and attach all strings to the candle so that you get a “dripping candle”.
- Roll up another piece of polymer clay to a string, but a grey one this time. This will be the candle wick.
Paint the candles black to obtain Halloween miniature candles. You could add red paint to create “blood”.
As usual, there are other people creating lots of breathtaking miniature Halloween candles, like this fantastic chandelier from BelachixDollWorld!
8. How To Create A Miniature Gost?
How to craft a little mini ghost is a question with an easy answer in the video below 🙂
And of course, again, there are fantastic artists out there, that create pretty little ghosts from materials like porcelain clay!
Take a look at the seller called StingingBeePottery.
9. How To Craft A Halloween Cake?
Take another look at this wonderful Halloween cake DIY made on Youtube 😉
This is just one of the many ways to create a mini Halloween cake, but it would take me too far to post all methods, I hope you understand 😉
Etsy has plenty of amazing sellers creating these gorgeous cakes, like Weewondersworkshop in the picture below.
10. How To Craft A Miniature Claudron For Witches
To brew your witches portions of all kinds of spooky beverages, you would of course need a cauldron: a little pot to stir things up.
I will explain a little about how to create this from Fimo clay.
- Cut out a piece of flat black polymer clay (you can roll it with a pasta machine or a rolling pin)
- Roll a ball from aluminum paper and make a mold of a cauldron by adding the clay around this ball
- Add a strip of black polymer clay on top to form the upper edge of the cauldron.
- Cut out two rings of black polymer clay and remove the aluminum ball before adding the two rings.
- add the little feet as well
- Fill up the cauldron with white polymer clay
- And then finally add glow-in-the-dark clay. That’s it!
Again, there are wonderful sellers out there selling the most beautiful miniature Halloween cauldrons.
Take a look at the seller named MomosMiniscrafts.
11. Finishing Touches For Your Halloween Miniature scenes: Where To Find Other Halloween mini’s?
To get some more details for your little Halloween scene, all of these things are not really enough, are they? 🙂
This is where Etsy comes to the rescue again to get you a happy Halloween scene, let’s look further!
- Miniature Halloween skeletons and zombies.
I have found the funniest and most lively small zombies and skeletons, let’s take a look at some of them!
Miniature zombie figurines from LivingLittleStudio.
Little and cute Halloween skeletons from Annes MP
- How about these spooky small skulls by CalamityKreations
- How about this amazing miniature Ouiji board!? Created by Ittybittyminimart
- Can’t miss out on tarot cards either on Halloween, can you? 🙂
Made by TheBoutiqueBizarre
My Final Conclusion.
I hope that you found this blog post on miniature craft ideas for Halloween enjoyable and if you have anything else to add, please leave a comment below in the comment section.
Of course, you could also join me on one of my social media pages or on my Facebook group.
I wish you happy crafting!