Thé most asked question on Google when you enter the keyword “dollhouses” is: “What are Kidkraft dollhouses”? So today we will try to answer that question.
In the past, I have talked a lot about miniatures or dollhouses for adults, but we forgot about children’s dollhouses :-).
The only time that we talked about miniature toys for kids, was actually more about 3D miniature puzzles, and others.
Let’s just dive straight into the topic.
As an Amazon and Etsy associate, I earn from purchases, with no extra costs for you, however.
What Is Kidkraft Dollhouses And Toys?
KidKraft is a brand that has been producing creative wooden toys and children’s stuff for over 50 years.
Lots of kids have “baked cakes” or decorated dollhouses with Kidkraft toys during all those years.
Founded in 1968, this brand is a true pioneer for these toys for children and will make them feel like they are in a big human world.
Here’s a list of other products that this brand sells because they sell more than just dollhouses:
- Doll furniture
- “pretend play” toys like play kitchens and accessories (divided into toddler kitchens, large kitchens and corner kitchens)
- train sets and accessories
- toys and play sets like: vehicles, musical instruments, teepees, activity tables, etc..
- All kinds of kids’ furniture
- Anything for the kid’s bedroom
- And last but not least: outside things for kids like playhouses, swing sets, toddler climbers, outdoor play and sandboxes, etc..
Is Kidkraft Made In China Or Is Kidcraft An American Company?
Kidkraft has several office locations in Texas, USA, so people from the US can order straight from their website, and the rest of the world can buy their products from retailers.
The question of whether their products are manufactured in Asia is hard to find and they are vague about it on their website.
They just say that they are made “overseas”. So I would conclude that they are made in China or in another Asian country 😉
Are Kidkraft Dollhouses For Barbies and What are the best dolls for KidKraft dollhouses?
The dollhouses that this brand sells have different scales:
- dollhouses for 12″ dolls
- houses for 18″ dolls
- and dollhouses for 5″ dolls
So you can actually choose a dollhouse according to the dolls that you already have, or buy their own brand of dolls.
Barbies are on a scale of 1:6 and an adult male doll is 12 inches tall, so to answer the question: yes, they can fit a Kidkraft dollhouse 😉
Kidcraft sells their own dolls as well, like those in the pictures below.
- KidKraft Doll Family of 7 – African American, for Ages 3+
- KidKraft 5″ Wooden Doll Family of 7 – Caucasian, for Ages 3+
- KidKraft Professional Fashion Doll Set, 7 dolls total: firefighter, nurse, construction worker, doctor, police officer, chef and businessperson.
Lots of people use Barbies though or other types of suitable dolls for these sized dollhouses, like “Rainbow High” dolls.
What Are Kidkraft Dollhouses Made Of?
All the Kidkraft toys are made of quite sturdy materials.
They are made of MDF, wood, and plastic and can last a lifetime or at the least until the child is too old to play with them.
What Is The Actual Scale Of These Dollhouses?
Kidkraft has dollhouses for 12 cm (5 inches) dolls, dollhouses for 30 cm (12 inches) dolls, and mansion dollhouses for 30 cm (12 inches) dolls.
How Much Does A Kidkraft Dollhouse Cost?
There are so many of these dollhouses, that it’s too hard to mention a price. The prices are variable, from as low as 24,00$ for a small house to 240,00$ for a large house.
For What Ages Are These Dollhouses Suitable?
Kids can play with dollhouses from an early age (3+) until they are (early) teens, it really doesn’t matter.
After all, we as adults still “play” with dollhouses, don’t we? Just admit it haha!
Anyway, the age will also probably decide which size of house you will choose in the end. After all, you can’t buy a high dollhouse for a 3-year-old, because the top floors can’t be reached…
Which Styles Do These Dollhouses Have?
The dollhouses from Kidkraft look quite “girly”, with a lot of pink colors, and they have terms like “Disney princess royal”, “Princess Party Castle”, “Rainbow Dreamers Unicorn Mermaid Dollhouse”, and more.
Some Reviews On Kidkraft Dollhouses.
You might wonder if Kidkraft is a good brand?
The answer to that question is in general: yes, sure!
Let’s get over some pros and cons though:
- As I said before, these dollhouses are quite sturdy and safe for children (be sure to watch the suitable ages for each toy though, to for example make sure that your toddlers don’t swallow small pieces)
- you could totally “redo” the dollhouses to your own taste
- They pay close attention to the shipping and installation processes
- The playsets don’t have an abundance of separate boxes, and a clear manual, so anyone with 2 hands should be able to assemble their toys
- Kidcraft has very affordable products
- This could be positive or negative, it is your personal point of view. The models of these toys can change every year, so if you liked one product, it can happen that the next year it isn’t available anymore.
- The dollhouses that are made with background cardboard paper don’t seem to fit together well and fall apart easily, so be careful with those!
Where To Buy Kidkraft Dollhouses And Where To Buy Parts?
You can get anything you need from Kidkraft on Amazon.
What Is The Warranty For Kidkraft Dollhouses?
The basics of these toys and furniture made of wood have a warranty of five years and accessories and hardware one year. Of course, this has conditions, so check out the details.
If you should discover manufacturers’ errors, replacing parts is possible in the first 90 days and you can do this online.
Where To Find A Manual For Kidkraft Items?
Does Kidcraft have dollhouse furniture?
Yes, Kidcraft does have matching furniture sets to go with their dollhouses. The furniture typically includes items such as dollhouse bedroom sets, living room sets, kitchen sets, bathroom sets, and more.
My Final Conclusion
I hope that I have answered all the questions that you might have on Kidkraft dollhouses because kids need to play as well, don’t they? 😉
If you do have more questions or would you just like to chat with me, then please leave a comment below, join me on my social media channels or Facebook group.
I wish you happy crafting!
My name is Lizzy, and I am an amateur miniaturist obsessed with everything in the dollhouse and miniature world, ever since I was a teenager.
I love to write as well about all things happening in the miniature world, hence the reason why I created this blog!
I wish you happy reading and crafting!