I know that I have written on some Domestika courses before, but this time I will be reviewing the company itself for you!
Because if you would like to improve your creativity skills, there is a decent and much more easy way to learn in times of pandemics, and that is online. No?
Anyway, Domestika is a very promising online company, hence the review of today. Let’s dive deeper into this topic!
But First, What are the Domestika courses?
If I remember well, I think I have found Domestika on Facebook and I got curious.
On this platform, you can choose between many creative, online courses.
First, you pay a small amount, and then you can complete a course at your own pace. Each course contains a number of videos, tutorials, and also assignments.
On the one hand, you can start these courses as a total beginner, but on the other hand, you can also take your creative skills to a higher level.
Thanks to this platform, you can greatly improve your skills by learning a lot from true experts and professionals. These improved skills can be handy for your (small) company!
While this company first started in Spain, it has now moved its headquarters to San Francisco. Still a lot of staff is based in Spain.
Check out the video below to see an example of a creative course:
Domestika On Social Media and their own social platform.
Domestika has a lot of fans on Facebook, and I think this is partly because it apparently started out as a social media platform about 15 years ago.
They are still very strong on social media and this has the advantage that you can find the collaborators easily. The company even has its own job board!
But you can totally decide for yourself on the platform how interactive you would like to be for the courses. What I mean is that you can respond to other students and get interaction and tips.
This also means that you càn ask questions and get feedback from the latter or from teachers, but you don’t hàve to. 🙂
All of these courses are creative courses, or they may teach you how to set up your Etsy account or creative business, for example. You can also give a course as a gift to someone.
To keep an oversight, Domestika has organized all courses into different categories. Each course is classified under one of these categories so that you can find more quickly what you are looking for.
These are the categories available on Domestika:
- Crafting (of course 😉 )
- Photographie and video
- 3D and animation
- Architecture and spaces
- Web and app design
- Calligraphy and typography
- Music and audio
- marketing and business
The courses are offered in English and Spanish audio, and the available subtitles can be in English and Spanish as well, but also in Dutch, German, Portuguese, French, Italian, and Polish.
Rest assured: the catalog of English audio courses has grown tremendously in 2021!
You can also create a wish list of courses that you might want to work on later, and Domestika now includes signed certificates with every course purchase when you have completed a course.
To finish a course, you can create a final project, so that you gather all the information that you have learned during the course and put it into practice!
How Much Does This All Cost?
As there are hundreds of courses at Domestika, you can decide for yourself exactly how much money you are willing to spend on courses!
You will need to pay a certain amount per course, varying from $10 to $40. Domestika presents frequently discounts and bundles. And you can definitely say that most are very affordable.
I can get you a recent discount code of 10%, please feel free to ask in the comment below or contact me!
This price includes a course for at least a few hours to even more than ten hours, which will be broken down in step by step instructions and segments.
If you decide to get an annual Domestika pro subscription, you can also get 20% off on course subscriptions. The advantages of this are:
- An extra discount of 20% on all courses (this goes on top of other discounts).
- You can send as many messages as you like, as Domestika has a social platform as well. You can look for collaborators or look for jobs in your field.
- There are open courses! This is very interesting to me, because every week you get a 7 days access to one course.
- You will get a pro badge next to your profile
- If you have any questions or need support, there is a direct helpline with support staff
- Anything new on the platform will be communicated straight to you
- A certificate is included with all courses
Furthermore, on Domestika, you can “bundle‘ courses together for a huge discount, up until 30% or as high as 40%!
For example, on the creativity courses, you can bundle up 3 courses for $25,90, that is a fantastic price, in my opinion 😉
If you are like me, doing a lot of different things at the same time, and are interested in a bunch of things, then this is a great way to save money.
To make it even more affordable, Domestika also offers bundles of 6 courses, which are even more to your advantage.
The Good And The Bad.
- This platform has very high quality courses
- They are very affordable
- There are not many online quality courses on the internet that are all about creativity (appart from free channels like Youtube, which are not as high quality at all).
- The video’s are very well produced and the camerawork is fantastic.
- The teachers are professionals in their industry
- In the last years, lots more videos are available with English audio and English teachers
- The Domestika courses are available to watch for an unlimited time and there are no extra or hidden fees
- Domestika has free courses available for you and every tuesday there are even live sessions! (see the FAQ section below)
- You can request a refund or exchange up to 14 days from the date of purchase
- The growing community on Domestika is a huge plus for me. Each course has it’s own forum, so you can ask questions or have discussions with your fellow students.
And you can share your final project! (you can hide the latter if you don’t want other people to share their thoughts on your personal project)
- It is allowed to share your personal social media pages or website on your profile page and thus indicate that you are looking for a job!
- The audio of a lot of these courses is in Spanish, but the subtitles always are available in multiple languages, including English. And they can be followed quite easily.
Every disadvantage can be an advantage, this means that you get to know multiple artists from around the world!
- Unfortunately, I can not seem to find a way to filter search results on a pc by audio language, so you would need to do some digging if you really only want to look for specific Domestika courses in English audio.
- You get a lot of notifications each day and you need to work your way through them to delete all, if you are not interested in them. Therefore, you can change the settings, take a look at this link if you will.
- There seems to be some work that has to be done on the translations for the subtitles, but you can always report mistakes to support.
- I don’t know if this is still the case, but in 2021 the mobile app for Android was difficult to navigate, so it is better to watch these courses on a desktop
- most of the job offers are not in English
Some More FAQ’s on Domestika Answered For You.
On which devices can I watch these courses?
You can watch these courses on your desktop, laptop, Android, and iOS-apps. They are downloadable on mobile phones so that you can watch them offline, but this is not possible on a desktop.
Can I be a teacher myself on Domestika?
Yes, you can join as a teacher yourself, but you need to be a professional in your niche!
Can I get Domestika courses for free?
Yes, you can try out Domestika courses for free, isn’t that sweet!
Of course, not everything is free, and neither will you get a certificate and such, but Domestika joined the #stayathome movement, during the difficult times in the world. (not saying thé word haha).
They launched the page: #keepcreating and launched a handful of free courses to the public.
You don’t even need to make an account to see these courses, you just need to click on them.
I can’t predict if these will stay available, so make sure to check them out now.
Does Domestika have live sessions?
Another great thing that I love about Domestika, is their live sessions every Tuesday.
Here you can meet the teachers from the Domestika platform, and they give a free one-hour-long tutorial, plus you can ask them any questions.
Of course, these are not as long or as in-depth as the paid courses, but they are free!
Beware that these don’t have subtitles (deu, they are live! 😉 ), and the audio can be in Spanish, English, Portuguese, etc..
Are Domestika courses downloadable?
The videos can not be downloaded on a PC or Mac, but they can be downloaded on a mobile device with their app.
Can i see where only-English audio courses are available?
You should be able to see those right here.
Is Domestika a scam?
They are absolutely NOT a scam, but totally legit!
Can you get certificates from Domestika?
You can get a certificate for every course that you have completed and finished a final project. Beware that these are not accredited.
I am giving Domestika a well-deserved 95/100. Check out the details below!
(further reviews on the creative courses themselves will be in other blog posts in the future).
How To Start With The Domestika Courses?
It is quite easy to start with the creative courses from Domestika. You only need to do 2 things: create an account and then order the course that you prefer.
Please note that the catalog is very expanded, so that might make it difficult to make a good choice, but I wish you much success with your first course on Domestika!
My Final Conclusion.
There are multiple online platform learning courses on the internet, but the Domestika courses have become my favorite.
It has a very expanded catalog of courses and although for a lot of older courses you have to deal with subtitles, it is definitely worth trying out.
They have a lot of sales and that makes them very affordable. If you are still not happy with a course, you can ask for a refund within 14 days of purchase.
All of this together made me decide to give the Domestika courses a high rating 🙂
I hope that I covered everything there is to say about Domestika.
If you have any further questions or would you just like to chat with me? Please leave a message below, join me on my social media platforms or on my Facebook group.
And I wish you happy crafting!
Domestika Online CoursesVariable prices!
- Very affordable
- Lots and lots of choice in courses
- Professional teachers
- Professional camerawork
- Even more English audio videos would be a plus
- Translation in subtitles from Spanish audio could be better